AG-HMC150 AVCCAM Camcorder
Panasonic AG-HMC150 -Professional 3-CCD Handheld AVCCAM camcorder
AVCCAM - the Industry's Next Generation Affordable HD
The AG-HMC150 handheld is Panasonic's exciting new introduction to the AVCCAM series. Representing a major step forward in affordable HD video capture, the HMC150 utilizes highly efficient AVCHD recording, the industry's new long GOP standard based on MPEG-4, to provide stunning image quality and longer record time.
The new handheld incorporates three 1/3-inch progressive CCD imagers to produce stunning 1920 x 1080 resolution picture quality far exceeding older Long GOP formats like HDV. It's equipped with a high-performance wide-angle* Leica Dicomar™ 13x zoom lens and 24- and 30-frame progressive capture in a full range of HD formats, making it well suited for all types of projects. With an exciting range of professional video and audio features and a compact, well-balanced design, the HMC150 is a "must have" for video professionals and enthusiasts looking for the best in affordable HD.
Extra-Long Solid-State Recording
Forget minutes! With AVCHD technology and high-capacity SD memory cards, the HMC150 provides hours of beautiful high definition recordings at professional bitrates up to 21Mbps. And it's as easy to use as a digital still camera, with simple playback on many consumer devices and players, from computers and video game consoles to Blu-ray players and flat panel displays with SD card slots.
AVCHD is currently supported by variety of editing solutions including: Apple iMovie, Apple Final Cut Pro 6.0.1, Adobe Premier Pro CS3, Grass Valley Edius PRO v4.5, Pinnacle Studio Plus 11, Nero7 Premium Reloaded, Ulead Video Studio 11 plus and DVD Movie Factory 6 Plus.
- Stunning, full pixel HD resolution with these professional bitrate recording modes
- PH - 21 Mpbs (1920x1080) -- Highest Quality Setting
- HA - 17 Mpbs (1920x1080)
- HG - 13 Mpbs (1920x1080)
- HE - 6 Mpbs (1440x1280) - Perfect for Long-form Recording
- Extra-long record times - one 32GB SDHC card can hold up to 3 hours in the PH mode mode, 4 hours HA, 5.3 hours at HG mode and 12 hours in the HE mode.
- Records in a full range of HD formats including 1080/60i, 1080/30p, 1080/24p; 720/60p, 720/30p, 720/24p
- 1/3" 3-CCD progressive image system with excellent sensitivity, superb color reproduction and resolution
- Optical Image Stabilization (O.I.S.) that ensures stable images, critical to high definition video display
- 13X 28mm to 368mm (35mm equivalent) Leica Dicomar™ wide-angle zoom lens
- Superb Manual & Auto focus
- In-camera Waveform Monitor, Vectorscope and two Focus assist displays
- A host of advanced video functions like Cinelike Gamma and Dynamic Range Stretch (DRS)
- Professional-level connections including HDMI out, Component Out (D Terminal), Composite Out and RCA Audio out jacks, XLR audio inputs, USB 2.0 for file transfer, remote control for Zoom, Iris, Focus, Start/Stop
- Features three neutral density filters and three user sets
- Two locking XLR inputs with switches for mic/line, +48V Phantom Power, Auto/Manual level, and internal/external assignment
- Useful time/date stamp feature for applications like legal depositions or surveillance
- Includes professional-level assist functions like waveform monitor, vectorscope and two focus displays
- Variety of editing solutions (Render files to almost any format or media)
- Free downloadable AVCHD Transcoder for conversion to DVCPRO HD available at www.panasonic.com/avccam
- Built with a durable, die-cast magnesium chassis frame for reliable performance in tough environments
- Lightweight (under 6lbs.), handheld design similar to the popular AG-DVX100
- Three-year warranty program (One year + two year extension upon registration)