Blackmagic Design Micro Cinema Camera
- Super 16mm-Sized Image Sensor
- Active Micro Four Thirds Lens Mount
- 13 Stops of Dynamic Range
- Records Full HD 1920x1080 CinemaDNG RAW
- Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) at 220 Mbps
- Ultra-Compact Design
- Expansion Port with Radio Control Ports
- SDHC/SDXC Memory Card Slot
- HDMI & Composite Output, 3.5mm Audio In
The Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera is a miniature digital camera with a Super 16mm-sized sensor designed to be operated remotely and capture footage from virtually anywhere. The image sensor supports 1080p video up to 60 fps and 13 stops of dynamic range. The camera is equipped with an active MFT mount that can accept native MFT lens or be adapted to a wide range of other modern and vintage lenses using optional third party adapters. Video is recorded to SDHC/SDXC memory cards using the 12-bit CinemaDNG RAW format or 10-bit Apple ProRes family of codecs.
Compact in size, the Micro Cinema Camera is similar in size and shape to an action camera, making it well suited for mounted on helmets for POV action sequences, suspended from quadcopters for aerial shots, or any place where a larger camera can't fit. To facilitate camera control when the camera is mounted in impossible-to-reach locations, you can operate it remotely and view a live video feed thanks to the camera's expansion port. An included breakout cable supports four analog PWM radio remote control inputs, so you can map camera functions to the dials, knobs, buttons, and joysticks on model airplane remotes, such as start/stop recording, focus, and iris (with compatible MFT lenses). For more control, you can use the 18-channel S.bus control input with Futaba radio control equipment or custom embedded controllers.
In addition to radio control support, the breakout cable also provides LANC control, power, genlock, and composite video output for connecting to wireless video transmitters, letting you see what you're recording while remote controlling the camera. For higher quality monitoring, the camera has an HDMI output. For remote recording, you can attach a Canon LP-E6 type battery to the back of the camera to power is for up to 1.5 hours. One LP-E6 battery is included. The camera also has a 12V DC input via the breakout cable for powering the camera from external power supplies for longer shooting times.
- Super 16mm Sensor with 13 Stops of Dynamic Range
- The Super 16mm-sized sensor delivers 1080p video up to 60 fps with a film-like look with a wide dynamic range of 13 stops. This means you retain all sensor data for DaVinci Resolve color grading. Plus, you get two dynamic range settings, Film Log or Video REC709, so you can choose the right dynamic range for your project. Using DaVinci Resolve Lite, which can be downloaded free from Blackmagic Design's website, you can color correct files natively or transcode them into a different file format to suit your post-production workflow.
- Active Micro Four Thirds Lens Mount
- The Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera features an active Micro Four Thirds lens mount let lets you take advantage of the wide range of native prime and zoom MFT lenses available. The focus, iris, and zoom on active MFT lenses can be controlled remotely from the camera's expansion port. Iris can also be controlled on-camera via the Rewind and Forward buttons. Many MFT lenses also have built-in optical image stabilization, making them perfect for use in places where there might be a lot of movement, shocks, or vibration. If you don't need electronic control, you can also use optional third-party adapters to use a nearly endless selection of modern and vintage lenses.
- Raw and ProRes Recording
- The camera records to SDHC/SDXC memory cards in either CinemaDNG RAW or ProRes. Cinema DNG RAW files are a 12-bit log and give you all of the data from the camera's sensor, so you have the latitude to change things like white balance and exposure long after the camera stops rolling. If you need smaller file sizes and longer recording times, you can use the 10-bit ProRes family of codecs to get broadcast quality images. Both formats can be easily edited and color corrected with the free DaVinci Resolve Lite software for Mac and Windows.
- Blackmagic Design Micro Cinema Camera
- LP-E6 Battery
- Expansion Cable
- 12V AC Adapter
- Turret Dust Cap
- SD Card with User Manual