Dolby® D/D+/E Decoder & Metadata Generator
- Dolby D / D+ / E Decoding
- Supports Audio Description
- Pro Logic II Decoding and Encoding
- Metadata Generator
- Unbalanced AES input for Dolby® encoded signals
- RS 485 RDDD-6 Metadata I/O
- 16 / 20 / 24 Bit Audio Data Format
- Automatic Format Detection (Dolby® E, D, D plus, PCM)
- Automatic PCM Pass Through to ch1/2 Output
- Unique Dolby® Metadata Transport (via AES USER Bit)
- 2ch Delay for PCM Audio and/or metadata
- Program Monitoring (Downmix to mono, Lo/Ro, Lt/Rt)
- Program-specific Metadata Display
The C8621 features an unbalanced AES input for Dolby® encoded audio streams. Automatic format detection allows for seamless recognition and decoding of Dolby D / D+ / E streams along with automatic pass through for PCM signals. The module also supports Pro Logic II decoding and encoding and provides full support for Dolby® Metadata transport. Other highlights include latency compensation and full down mix output monitoring.
The C8621 is a module designed for the C8000 modular processing solution offering Dolby® decoding features as well as Metadata Management for up to eight audio channels in a single Dolby® feed.