JVC GY-HC500E 4K HAND-HELD 1-INCH CAMCORDER with Acebil I-705DX Tripod and Bag
- 1" CMOS Sensor, 20x Optical Zoom
- 3840 x 2160 60p/50p/30p/25p/24p
- UHD 4K, HD, SD, SD-Proxy Recording
- HDR via HLG or J-Log1 (10-Bit)
- Supports 9 lb (4kg)
- Lightweight Aluminum Tripod (8.6 lb)
- 705 Standard Head
- Ball Diameter - 75mm
The GY-HC500E is a handheld 4K production camcorder that offers uncompromised live and recorded image quality, and connectivity you won't find in any competitor's product. Shoot 4K ultra-HD with HDR and record to SSD or SDHC/SDXC media in a wide variety of formats including ProRes. Ultra-HD ProRes 422 10-bit at 50/60p is possible when recording to SDD media.** And with the latest firmware, you can now record HD (1920 x 1080) in the ProRes 422 and 422HQ formats. The GY-HC500E CONNECTED CAM also features high performance 1080 60p/50p live streaming with advanced Secure Reliable Transport (SRT) QoS, and a full complement of IP remote control and viewing features. Now, with the optional KA-EN200G encoder, streaming is possible with incredibly efficient HEVC/H.265 compression. It's truly the most advanced and versatile camcorder in its price range.
Main Features :
- 1" CMOS 4K Image Sensor
- The GY-HC500 features a 1-inch CMOS 4K image sensor for uncompromised cinema and video production. This large sensor delivers a superior dynamic range, high S/N ratio and high sensitivity (F11 at 2000lx), contributing artistic visual expression including shallow depth of field 'bokeh' capability.
20x Optical/40x Dynamic Zoom Lens with Manual Functions
- The GY-HC500 is equipped with a newly developed wide-angle 20x optical zoom lens to offer optimal magnification for shooting. When shooting in HD mode, Dynamic Zoom combines optical zoom and pixel mapping from a 4K image sensor to create seamless and lossless 40x zoom. Take total control of the scene with triple large rings for zoom, focus, and iris for smooth shooting. Other features include an optical image stabilizer and chromatic aberration correction.
Practical Auto Focus and Assist Functions
- The Auto Focus and Focus Assist functions of the GY-HC500 provide the highly accurate, stable focusing that is essential for 4K shooting. Moreover, its broad customizability enables it to perform in a variety of shooting situations.
- Customizable AF: AF speed, AF sensitivity, AF area, and Near Limiter can be adjusted as needed.
- Customizable AF Assist: Turning the focus ring varies the function depending on the Focus/Assist mode status to fully control focusing.
- One Button Control: "PUSH AUTO/LOCK" button enables you to lock focus, or engage AF for as long as you keep the button pressed, etc., for one-button focus control according to the focus mode you have selected.
- Advanced Face Detection
HDR via HLG/J-Log 1
- The GY-HC500 is equipped with an HDR compatible HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) mode and JVC's proprietary J-Log 1 Gamma mode. These enable high dynamic range capture of a broad color spectrum with 10-bit recording for better color grading and to avoid banding. Footage recorded in HLG mode will deliver a full HDR image when viewed on HLG-compatible monitors. The J-Log 1 mode delivers wide latitude and a high dynamic range of 800%. In the field, it's possible to record while checking the image on the GY-HC500's LCD screen or viewfinder to get a grasp of the final output.
GY-HC500 supports HLG recording which enables simple HDR workflow without color grading. Avoiding clipped highlights or shadows, images are more realistic and vibrant. BT.2020 which offers wider color gamut is also supported.
- 4K UHD 60p/50p Apple ProRes 422 10-bit Recording
- The GY-HC500 records in Apple ProRes 422 for attention-grabbing 4K 60p/50p image creation. Apple ProRes 422 HQ offers virtually lossless intra-frame compression, which speeds up post-production. Footage is recorded in native file formats that are understood by most major editing applications without transcoding. This is helpful for efficient workflow of editing and post process. The 4:2:2 format also provides richer color information and 10-bit recording delivers rich gradations—a definite advantage for grading work after recording.
SSD Enables Extended Time 4K UHD 60p/50p Shooting
- Large-capacity, readily-available SSDs (SATA M.2 SSD Type2280) are compatible, so extended-time 4K UHD/HD up to 60p/50p video recording is possible. Just plug it into the camera's extended slot (using the optional SSD adapter KA-MC100G). SSD media delivers excellent sequential read speed to tackle professional workload. High-speed transfer of huge amounts of recorded footage is possible.
Dual SD Card Slots for Versatility and Efficiency
- GY-HC500 offers dual SDHC/SDXC card slots to let you record 4K 30p/25p/24p or HD video on readily available, affordable media. Unique features using two cards include:
- Series (relay) recording mode: Continuous recording card by card.
- Dual (simultaneous) recording mode: Recording to two cards with the same format for backup or multi-purpose.
- Backup recording mode: While the Rec trigger is used to REC and STOP recording on one card, the other card can act as a continuous backup that overrides the pause function*.
*During simultaneous backup recording in HD mode, the duplicate file records in the same file format and bit rate as the original.
Robust Body and Excellent in Weather Resistance
- Its robust body makes the GY-HC500 ready to work in harsh environments and situations. Excellent construction in weather resistance enables image gathering in the field with confidence.
Switchable IR Shooting
- IR filter can be switched disabled (Infrared ON) to increase infrared sensitivity for shooting in extremely low illuminance.
HD Live Streaming up to 24Mbps with Low Latency
- The GY-HC500 is capable of streaming LIVE HD/SD and proxy video/audio files via network up to 24Mbps with low latency. High quality, stable streaming is possible from the field using just the camera itself*. No need to carry a heavy backpack or external boxes.
*With an appropriate network connection
SRT: QoS (Quality of Service) Technology
- SRT (Secure Reliable Transport) is built-in and can be dynamically adjusted for optimal stream performance and quality. SRT decrypts the stream and enables recovery from packet loss typical of internet connections. Automatic Repeat Request (ARQ) is included with SRT.
IP Remote Control with Viewing
- When the camera is IP connected, vital camera operations can be remotely controlled via wireless or wired LAN from a tablet, smartphone, or computer anywhere in the world. Remote control functions include lens and camera settings as well as registering zoom presets and IP connection settings.
- It's possible to upload video clips to an FTP server via IP. Auto FTP function allows you to start uploading a recorded clip without opening the menu screen.
NTP (Network Time Protocol) for multi-camera synchronization
- When combined with the KM-IP6000/KM-IP4100 CONNECTED CAM switchers, multi-camera synchronization is possible using Network Time Protocol. Suitable for compact live production and at-home switching, NTP is used to sychronize cameras rather than traditional sync cables.
Return over IP
- It's possible for the person in front of the camera to engage in a 2-way interview with return video and audio while streaming live to air via IP network. This allows reporters to wirelessly receive directions from the station, and camera operators to re-adjust framing as directed from another location. Multi-camera applications are supported as well.
- 1" (effective) CMOS sensor with high picture quality
- F12 Sensitivity
- 4K UHD 60p/50p ProRes 4:2:2 10-bit recording to SSD*
- HD Recording to SSD*
- 4K UHD 30p/25p/24p 4:2:0 8-bit recording to SDHC/SDXC card
- HDR recording, HLG or J-Log1 (10-bit)
- SSD* Back up recording
- Newly-developed 4K lens with 20x zoom
- 40x lossless dynamic zoom
- 4K Rec + HD streaming + 4K HDMI output
- Low latency and high-quality streaming up to 20Mbps
- New SRT and RTMPS Streaming protocol
- NTP support for Time-synchronization
- High performance 1080 60p/50p live streaming
- Auto FTP to upload native video clips automatically
- Progressive Auto FTP File transfer
- Return over IP (Return video and IFB)
- LAN terminal (Streaming/IFB/Remote) in addition to USB host (v3.0)
- 4-inch high resolution LCD monitor
- XLR audio connectors
- JVC GY-HC500E Handheld Connected Cam 1" 4K Professional Camcorder
- Lens Hood
- AC Adapter
- Power Cable
- I-705DX Tripod
- Standard 705 Fluid Head
- Middle Brace
Acebil AB-202 Bag