JVC GY-HC550E 4K ENG Hand-Held camcorder
Product Highlights :
- Broadcast Overlay, MPEG-2 Recording
- Built-In Wireless LAN, Zixi, and GPS
- 1" CMOS Sensor, 20x Optical Zoom
- 3840 x 2160 60p/50p/30p/25p/24p
Supreme 1" 4K handheld camcorder for ENG, production, and sports. Up to 4K 60p/50p ProRes 4:2:2 10-bit recording and advanced IP connectivity from any location to anywhere in the world.
- 1" CMOS 4K Image Sensor
- The GY-HC550 features a 1-inch CMOS 4K image sensor for uncompromised cinema and video production. This large sensor delivers a superior dynamic range, high S/N ratio and high sensitivity (F11 at 2000lx), contributing artistic visual expression including shallow depth of field 'bokeh' capability.
20x Optical/40x Dynamic Zoom Lens with Manual Functions
- The GY-HC550 is equipped with a newly developed wide-angle 20x optical zoom lens to offer optimal magnification for shooting. When shooting in HD mode, Dynamic Zoom combines optical zoom and pixel mapping from a 4K image sensor to create seamless and lossless 40x zoom. Take total control of the scene with triple large rings for zoom, focus, and iris for smooth shooting. Other features include an optical image stabilizer and chromatic aberration correction.
HDR via HLG/J-Log 1
- The GY-HC550 is equipped with an HDR compatible HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) mode and JVC's proprietary J-Log 1 Gamma mode. These enable high dynamic range capture of a broad color spectrum with 10-bit recording for better color grading and to avoid banding. Footage recorded in HLG mode will deliver a full HDR image when viewed on HLG-compatible monitors. The J-Log 1 mode delivers wide latitude and a high dynamic range of 800%. In the field, it's possible to record while checking the image on the GY-HC550's LCD screen or viewfinder to get a grasp of the final output.
GY-HC550 supports HLG recording which enables simple HDR workflow without color grading. Avoiding clipped highlights or shadows, images are more realistic and vibrant. BT.2020 which offers wider color gamut is also supported.
Practical Auto Focus and Assist Functions
- The Auto Focus and Focus Assist functions of the GY-HC550 provide the highly accurate, stable focusing that is essential for 4K shooting. Moreover, its broad customizability enables it to perform in a variety of shooting situations.
- Customizable AF: AF speed, AF sensitivity, AF area, and Near Limiter can be adjusted as needed.
- Customizable AF Assist: Turning the focus ring varies the function depending on the Focus/Assist mode status to fully control focusing.
- One Button Control: "PUSH AUTO/LOCK" button enables you to lock focus, or engage AF for as long as you keep the button pressed, etc., for one-button focus control according to the focus mode you have selected.
- Advanced Face Detection
- 4K UHD 60p/50p Apple ProRes 422 10-bit Recording
- The GY-HC550 records in Apple ProRes 422 for attention-grabbing 4K 60p/50p image creation. Apple ProRes 422 HQ offers virtually lossless intra-frame compression, which speeds up post-production. Footage is recorded in native file formats that are understood by most major editing applications without transcoding. This is helpful for efficient workflow of editing and post process. The 4:2:2 format also provides richer color information and 10-bit recording delivers rich gradations—a definite advantage for grading work after recording.
SSD Enables Extended Time 4K UHD 60p/50p Shooting
- Large-capacity, readily-available SSDs (SATA M.2 SSD Type2280) are compatible, so extended-time 4K UHD up to 60p/50p video recording is possible. Just plug it into the camera's extended slot (using the optional SSD adapter KA-MC100G). SSD media delivers excellent sequential read speed to tackle professional workload. High-speed transfer of huge amounts of recorded footage is possible.
Dual SD Card Slots for Versatility and Efficiency
- GY-HC550 offers dual SDHC/SDXC card slots to let you record 4K 30p/25p/24p or HD video on readily available, affordable media. Unique features using two cards include:
- Series (relay) recording mode: Continuous recording card by card.
- Dual (simultaneous) recording mode: Recording to two cards with the same format for backup or multi-purpose.
- Backup recording mode: While the Rec trigger is used to REC and STOP recording on one card, the other card can act as a continuous backup that overrides the pause function*.
*During simultaneous backup recording in HD mode, the duplicate file records in the same file format and bit rate as the original.
Robust Body and Excellent in Weather Resistance
- Its robust body makes the GY-HC550 ready to work in harsh environments and situations. Excellent construction in weather resistance enables image gathering in the field with confidence.
Switchable IR Shooting
- IR filter can be switched disabled (Infrared ON) to increase infrared sensitivity for shooting in extremely low illuminance.
Broadcast Info Overlay on HD Video and Streaming
- Designed for enhanced single-camera production, the GY-HC550 produces real-time broadcast information overlays for HD recorded video or streamed video without an external CG or production switcher. Lower-third graphic overlays are generated and controlled using a browser-equipped device, such as a tablet or smartphone. Overlay designs can be created in various language characters using JVC's SDP Generator (free software).
Note: This feature is not available in 4K or SD mode.
ADVANCED CONNECTED CAM™ FEATURES
Live-over-IP Features with Built-in MIMO based Wireless LAN
- As a CONNECTED CAM series camcorder, the GY-HC550 delivers a variety of features and performance required in the field with IP connectivity. Use the built-in MIMO based wireless LAN, or use the RJ-45 LAN terminal for the stability of wired communication. Count on camera-to-studio and studio-to-camera two-way data communication to enable you to build an advanced Live-over-IP workflow solution.
HD Live Streaming up to 24Mbps with Low Latency
- The GY-HC550 is capable of streaming LIVE HD/SD and proxy video/audio files via network up to 24Mbps with low latency. High quality, stable streaming is possible from the field using just the camera itself*. No need to carry a heavy backpack or external boxes.
*With an appropriate network connection
Various QoS Technologies including SRT, Zixi and SMPTE 2022-1
- For reliable, quality streaming, Zixi advanced streaming is built-in to provide forward error correction, automatic repeat request (ARQ), and adaptive bitrate control to ensure error-free video delivery in packet loss environments such as when streaming over cellular networks. SMPTE 2022-1 forward error correction is also supported for reliable transmission.
SRT: QoS (Quality of Service) Technology
- SRT (Secure Reliable Transport) is an open source video transport protocol that enables the delivery of high-quality and secure, low-latency video across the public Internet. SRT optimizes streaming performance across unpredictable networks with secure streams and easy firewall traversal, bringing the best quality live video over the worst networks. It accounts for packet loss, jitter, and fluctuating bandwidth, maintaining the integrity and quality of your video.
SRT provides end-to-end security, resiliency and dynamic endpoint adjustment based on real-time network conditions to deliver the best video quality at all times on any network.
SRT is built-in and can be dynamically adjusted for optimal stream performance and quality. Automatic Repeat Request (ARQ) is included with SRT. End-to-end 128/256 bit AES encryption makes sure your content is protected from contribution to distribution.
IP Remote Control with Viewing
- When the camera is IP connected, vital camera operations can be remotely controlled via wireless or wired LAN from a tablet, smartphone, or computer anywhere in the world. Remote control functions include lens and camera settings as well as registering zoom presets and IP connection settings.
- It's possible to upload video clips to an FTP server via IP. Auto FTP function allows you to start uploading a recorded clip without opening the menu screen.
Return over IP
- It's possible for the person in front of the camera to engage in a 2-way interview with return video and audio while streaming live to air via IP network. This allows reporters to wirelessly receive directions from the station, and camera operators to re-adjust framing as directed from another location. Multi-camera applications are supported as well.
Complete Video-over-IP Solution for Remote Production
- The GY-HC550 with ProHD Studio system provides an affordable multi- camera live production solution with unique features. The ProHD Studio accepts four Video-over-IP streams from the GY-HC550 (or JVC IP-supported cameras). And a built-in H.264 encoder supports 1080/60p and 1080/50p streaming up to 24Mbps. In addition, it can support RTMP protocol for direct streaming to various CDNs. Output choices include dedicated HD-SDI and HDMI ports, plus an HDMI display port for multi-view or program monitoring. IP accommodates streaming from the camera as well as RCU and return, IFB from the studio, including tally and voice instructions. Suitable for compact live production and streaming studio for live events such as concerts, sports, ceremonies and conferences.
- 4K UHD 60p/50p ProRes 4:2:2 10-bit recording to SSD*
- 4K UHD 30p/25p/24p 4:2:0 8-bit recording to SDHC/SDXC card
- NEW HD Recording to SSD*
- 1" (effective) CMOS sensor with high picture quality
- F12 Sensitivity
- Newly-developed 4K lens with 20x zoom
- HDR recording, HLG or J-Log1 (10-bit)
- 4K Rec + HD streaming + 4K HDMI output
- Broadcast overlay on video and streaming
- High performance 1080 60p/50p live streaming
- NEW SRT Live Streaming Protocol (optional selection ZIXI or SRT) also RTMPS Protocol available
- Low latency and high-quality streaming up to 20Mbps
- LAN terminal (Streaming/IFB/Remote) in addition to USB host (v3.0)
- Return over IP (Return video and IFB)
- Auto FTP to upload native video clips automatically
- NEW Progressive Auto FTP File transfer
- NTP Time server supported
- Built-in wireless LAN (2.4GHz/5GHz) MIMO with external antenna
- Backup to SSD*
- 40x lossless dynamic zoom
- 4-inch high resolution LCD monitor
- XLR audio connectors
- JVC GY-HC550 Handheld Connected Cam 1" 4K Broadcast Camcorder
- BN-VC264 Battery
- Lens Hood
- 2 x Wireless Antennas
- AC Adapter
- Power Cable